Pages

Monday 10 December 2012

Top Ten Best Disney Movies

Ok.
Confession:
I really need to be studying for finals.  Well, writing a paper.
I'm having trouble focusing.  Hey, It's one of those days.
But here's the story.
This paper is coming accompanied by Disney soundtracks.  Now I love Disney, but not the really typical Disney classics.  I can live without Beauty and the Beast and Snow White  A lot of my friends just love Disney princesses.  When I get nostalgic for Disney, I  get nostalgic for a collection of movies that could also probably read as Disney's greatest underappreciated films. Here they are, in my humble opinion, the ten best Diseny Movies EVER.

10:  Mulan-
My favorite princess movie.  I don't know if Mulan is technically a princess, but I think she becomes one at the end, or at least an ancient Chinese VIP.  And she kicks butt, so that's

9: The Rescuers-

I LOVE this movie.  It's so cute.  It's about two ridiculously well dressed mice that rescue a little kid from kidnappers.  The best character is the accident prone albatross. Oh, ps, this was the first Disney movie in a bayou, so the Princess and the Frog owes this movie!

8: Brother Bear-
I never understood why this movie wasn't more popular.  It was great.  Literally.  I cry at several different points throughout the movie.  And believe me, I really don't usually cry during movies, but this one kills me.

7: The Jungle  Book-
This is a good one. I always watched this at my grandparents house.  My grandparents watched me a lot when I was a kid, and I loved this movie.  I've seen it almost too many times to count

6: A Ring of Endless Light-
This movie makes it on here because I just love dolphins!

5: The Sword in the Stone-
this is a great movie.  Partly because I like the story of King Arthur.

4: The Princess Diaries #1
I loved, loved, loved the Princess Diaries books when I was little.  I so related to Mia.  And even though I wish the movie were more like the books, It's still one of my favorites.

3: Ponyo- 
This one's a Disney/ Studio Ghibli movie based off of the little mermaid, but BETTER!  I loved mermaids when I was little, but I was always dissappointed by the story in the little mermaid.  Why would anyone want to give up being a mermaid? For a boy?  No thanks.  I like Ponyo much better.  It's a great movie with fantastic animation, courtesy of the stunning Hayao Miyazaki.  Watching it literally feels like swimming in the ocean.  I even like the ending better.  Ponyo turns from a fish into a little girl and and technically it's the same plot, but Ponyo and Sosuke are much cuter than Ariel and Eric.    

2: Lilo and Stitch -
And speaking of cute, I just LOVE Lilo and Stitch.  Admitedly, I've never seen Lilo and Stitch the movie, but I watched the tv series, and everyone says that the movie is much better, so being in love with the Lilo and Stitch series on Disney, I'm dying to see the movie.

I love how Lilo is a kind of a misfit and other kids tease her, but she never minds in the end.  I love how Nani is Lilo's guardian, because that sort of things don't really happen in Disney movies.  They either have the perfect family, or the mom's dead and stepmother is evil.
And Stitch is adorable.
I love everything about Lilo and Stitch.   And how cute is this?  It's from the simpledisneythings tumblr, and I love it so much! I've definitely used the quote for things.

And my number one favorite Disney movie, the one they made about me, 
1: Brave
Um? Tomboy? check.  Red head? Check.  Crazy Curls?  Check.  Saying "Mo-om" or "Muuuuum" in an exasperated voice?  Check.
Yeah.
This movie's about me.
Only I wish I had three crazy little brothers and a horse, too!
Wouldn't mind a castle, either, come to think of it.

ok well, that's all for now.

Time to push out this paper.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment