Pages

Sunday 16 December 2012

The Most Important Meal of the Day

Normally, I hate breakfast.  I don't like breakfast foods, and I'm too cranky early in the morning to want anything except for coffee.  For a normal college girl, this is probably pretty par for the course.  However, I'm not a normal college girl (heehee), no, I'm a coxswain.  Which means my wake up call for the majority of the year is somewhere around 4:30 or 5:00 am.  5:30 on a good day, and 6:00 during the winter.  The team goes to breakfast afterwards.  Daily.  It's like a tradition.  And as a coxswain, I want to be super sure that I include myself in any potentially important team bonding activities.  I don't want to be an outsider on my own team!  Problem is, I end up waisting meal swipes.  Now, this won't solve that problem, but it has put an end to the breakfast dilemma.  
DISCLAIMER:   I DID NOT MAKE THIS SMOOTHIE.  I got it off google images.  Mine was too ugly to photograph!  but this one has the same ingredients..

I made a delicious smoothie!  (Totally vegan, fyi).
It was super easy.  I only used ice, almond milk, blueberries, and a little peanut butter as a binding agent.  It tasted awesome!  (due to lack of a blender I literally hand-crushed the ice and mixed the smoothie.  This is why it was so ugly)
I finally found something I like to eat for breakfast.

Next step: get a blender.

off to yoga
ttyl
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment