Pages

Saturday 8 December 2012

Happy Chanukah!

Happy Chanukah, guys!
I have to admit, it being 2 am, that I kind of miss my dad.
I always celebrate Chanukah with my dad, and this is the first Chanukah in my entire 21 years that I haven't been able to make it home for the first night of Chanukah and I'm not celebrating it.
My dad's a pretty big goof, so we never had very formal Chanukah celebrations. We'd buy those pre-made latkes from the grocery store, get out the dreidel, and light the menorah.  Our menorahs were really old from my dad's childhood and they are always filthy!  We've tried to clean them, every so often, but we like to try to get the menorahs as covered in melty wax as we can.  I'm honestly getting a little emotional thinking about sitting in the kitchen, just me and my dad, and little elementary school Emme staying up until every single candle melted itself into oblivion.
   The worst part is, I won't even make it home before the end of Chanukah.
Ugh, sorry this post is so blah.
I'm just kind of sad tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment