Pages

Sunday 9 December 2012

The Nutcracker

So this weekend I went with a group of friends to see the Nutcracker ($20 student tickets are the greatest) and maybe I should change the name of this blog to Boston Ballet Blues, because I was getting major ex-bunhead blues.
It's sort of the way I start salivating every time I see a point shoe.
I know they're painful, but they're so beautiful I've never really minded.

The dancing was great, of course.  My favorite part of the Nutcracker has always been the Snow Queens pas de duex,  or really her solo before the pas de deus (am I spelling this right at all?)  It's always the most magical, and it was the role I really,really, wanted when I was little.

I started feeling almost sad about quitting ballet, but if I had never quit ballet than I never would have found crew, and I'm really glad I did.

I'm definitely going to look around for some community classes as soon as I can.  Oh, and I got this for my mom.

A tiny little ballerina for the Christmas tree.
We already have a lot of ballerina- themed Christmas ornaments.  My goal is to one day cover the entire tree in ballerinas. I have to say, I'm making good progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment