Pages

Friday 14 December 2012

Fitness Routine- and a BIG Announcement

Fitness is really important to me.  Technically I don't "need" to work out.  I stay pretty slim just because that's how I am.  The flip side of this, is that I don't put on muscle (hence the end of my rowing career and the begining of my life as a coxswain)  I can put on a pound or two in the winter (since I tend to eat a lot of chocolate) but usually I'm the only one who notices.  Fact is, I eat when I'm hungry.  I'm  a big proponent of small meals and snacks, because otherwise my blood sugar gets low and I get sleepy and dizzy.  I'm not really self conscious about my lack of curves, I like my body how it is.  It's built just perfect for the things I like to do (like yoga and dancing and, oh yeah... coxing!!) I feel bad for girls who are.  I wish they realized that every body type is awesome because every body type can do things others can't.  I think working out or playing sports is really great because it gives a lot of people confidence so they know their bodies are awesome.
Addmitedly, I do get self conscious about one thing. My hair. My hair is just CRAZY.  I have insanely tight curls.  I kid you not, my hair looks like one of those Irish step dance wigs.  On a good day.  But I don't straighten.  The most I do is braid it or put it in a ponytail.  I don't really want to straighten my hair.  I don't really want to conform to having the "right" hair type, even if some people do look at me and think "that girl needs a stylist".  In fact, sometimes I like to let my hair go totally wild and do it's own thing.  I don't look like everybody else.  It makes sense, because I'm not like everybody else.  I'm an individual, and so is my hair.  It's... fierce.  fitness

I love ballet, yoga, pilates, and the occasional run.  (I am SO not a fast runner). I have to work out, honestly, a few times a day to feel good.  It keeps my mood high. Dance, yoga, and pilates really work for me, because I'm not so good at sticking to workouts that make me leave the house!  If I can pop a DVD in my computer, though, I'm likely to work out a few times a day!
AND NOW FOR MY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:

GUYS,
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN
I AM GOING VEGAN.
I've been waiting for the perfect time to launch my vegan project and now since winter break is starting, what better time?
I was vegan for about six months in high school.  It worked until around February (like I said, winter gets me).  Although, I managed to stay really healthy last winter, so that's a great sign!  I've been thinking about this, and I really want to commit to a lifestlye change, because eating healthier makes me feel better and I think this could be a way to avoid processed foods.  Not that vegan processed foods don't exist, but just that I can try to curb my sweet tooth.  At least a little.  Hopefully...?  I'd be lying if I said I didn't know where to find vegan sweets, but they are harder to come by (and more expensive) so instead of falling for the dining hall desert trap (because let's face it, everything else is pretty meh) I'd instead have to plan my treats.  It worked pretty well for me this summer, so I'm hoping I can make the commitment.
I'll be blogging about it here, of course!

TTYL

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment