Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013 Resolutions

2013 Resolutions





I know you're supposed to hate making New Year's Resolutions, but I kind of like it.  Maybe because it's a form of making a list, and I'm list obsessed. Or maybe it's because I'm a self-improvement fanatic.  This is what is born of watching Miracle and Seabiscuit too many times in your youth.  Thanks for that, Mom.Yep, my resolutions are mostly health related for the new year.  I'm feeling kind of gross.   You know the feeling.  Honestly,  I've been pretty healthy considering it was the Holiday season (plus  a few weird late night meals consisting entirely of carbs while studying for finals.)     I'm not terribly unhealthy now, I'm getting a lot of exercise and I eat fairly healthy, but I think I could use a more balanced diet (read: not skipping meals at weird times, eating fresh vegetables, and drinking more water, which is a problem I have.  I get very dehydrated sometimes.  
    Getting organized really has to happen.  But guess who is terrible at it?  That's right.  Me.  I am so, so, so, unorganized so this is definitely going to be a challenge.  I feel like I'm always running off somewhere to do something or passing out exhausted I have zero time for organization. But, I also know it's really important and one of those things that grown ups do.  Also, my roommate is getting seriously mad at me.  
    Sleeping enough will always be a challenge.  I'm one of those people who needs to go eight hours minimum. I function alright without sleep, like I can cox after a night where I don't sleep at all (can and do) but eventually I get run down physically and emotionally.  If I'm too tired I've been known to explode for no good reason.  I did not sleep much for the  last two months of the semester.  So maybe there's some way that my resolution to get organized can help me manage my class work well enough that all-nighters won't need to happen.  Or at least not as frequently.  

Oh darn- another resolution:
RAISE GPA.

I was a straight A-student pre-transfer.  Now I'm more of a straight B.  Bs are ok but I expect more from myself.  

I know.  

I'm a pain in the butt.

Well, those are my New Year's Resolutions.

TTFN

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment