Pages

Sunday 10 November 2013

So Into

Right now, I'm really loving a couple things:

Scottish Breakfast Tea
I like English Breakfast a lot, but I like this even better.  It tastes more intense/ bitter than English breakfast, which makes me think that it might have a higher caffeine content.  In the morning, this is a good thing.  




Superga
So I got these sneakers at the beginning of the school year.  I really like the way they look.  For workout reasons (mostly spinning, I don't necessarily believe in non-yoga forms of workout...) I wear Onitsuka tiger that I got as hand me downs from my sister, or New Balance running sneakers that I've had for awhile.  I don't really like shoes that mud, which I know, is weird, but they feel too chunky and heavy.  I always feel like my shoes make me less coordinated than I really am!  That's why I like the Onitsuka, they're pretty light but I really like Superga for class/work 

Gap City Flat
I wear these all the time.  They are really comfy.  It feels like I'm not wearing anything! They're so soft and comfy and they roll up.  I only have black, but I'm thinking of investing in about a million more pairs because they pretty much go with everything and feel like wearing cushy socks. 



Yoga!
Wait, I know you're going to be like "wait, this is nothing new"
But I've been feeling really off lately.  Just strange and mopey.  But then I realized I hadn't been doing yoga in awhile, so I've been trying to get back to it.  
That made me feel a lot better. 
So, moral of the story: 
Don't forget to take care of yourself.  
For me, that means not sacrificing yoga hours for long hours at the gym
I know that might seem kind of confusing
But what I've observed that's very personal to my own body is that I just need yoga even more than I need running or lifting or biking.  My body just craves yoga.  And my mind, for that matter.  
True life: without yoga, I'd go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment