Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Summer routines

Summer routines

Summer routines by emmier featuring h&m
So the story here is pretty simple.  Most of the times I leave the house in summer are to go to practice, or outdoor yoga, neither of which activities require makeup.  I've started wearing makeup more and more often, however, even if I'm just going to Panera's for lunch or walking the dog, or hitting up CVS (for more makeup?) but there's a reason behind this.  Mainly, my skin.
I had pretty good skin, up until, well... maybe my first year in college.  I only had a few serious breakouts in high school.  Now, while the majority of my face is clear, the sides of my cheeks have a pretty constant sprinkling of acne.
I've tried everything!!
I think I'm going to order Proactiv, but in the meant time, it means I'm wearing foundation.
I ran out of Clinique Acne Solutions (otherwise known as a miracle) so now I'm using Maybelline BB cream.  It covers up pretty well and has SPF, so sometimes that's all I wear on my face.  Other times I add bronzer, because I'm ghostly pale.  It has to be very, very light, or otherwise it looks awful.  
I'm really into brown eyeshadow these days- this pack from H& M should nicely do the trick, but to be honest I'm using my mom's (hey, someone should and she never does!) which I think is Estee Lauder and is this nice shimmery brown-copper color.  I'm really into the grungy look it gives off.  


I rarely wear eyeliner because of my supersensitive eyes, but I'm thinking of trying out just a tiny touch of white eyeliner on the bottom eyelid to open things up.  I'm also thinking about trying out dry shampoo, because people are always telling you not to wash curly hair as much but if I don't wash it daily it gets  really frizzed out.  Damned if you don't, damned if you do?  
Lastly, clear mascara and lip balm with SPF.  I have strangely long eyelashes, and they will look totally, totally drag-queen fake if I wear mascara in brown so I have to wear clear.  And lip balm because, duh, my lips get chapped.  I think I have a pretty good summer routine down.  I can't wait for fall.  Partially because, as noted, I LOVE fall.  Partially because summer is murder on the skin/hair.  At least for me, anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment