Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

WHO'S In Charge Here?



WHO'S In Charge Here?
So, this charming little set here is my assortment of coxing gear for summer.  Coxing gear for summer is basically the same as coxing gear any other time, minus the  zillion layers, plus sunscreen.  I know this is summer,  but I HATE wearing shorts.  The older I get the less I like them.  Maybe because my legs looked normal when I was ten, but now I still have ten year old legs on a 20 year old body- well... ten year old legs on a fourteen year old body with an eight year old brain.  Haha, just kidding.  But sometimes.  SO even though it's summer, I'm wearing sweatpants or leggings whenever I can get away with it which is fairly often, because I cox early in the morning or in the evening. I think a capri length sweatpant or leggings satisfies summer weather requirements, while also not being shorts.  These ones are from areopostale.
A bunch of pens or permanent markers are a neccesity.  I say a bunch, because believe me, you will lose all of them by the end of the season.  Other must-haves are a sox hat, sports tape, and bandaids.  I also carry a neosporin spray with me.  Basically, a first aid kit.  My adjustable wrench is basically my prized possession.  Weird?  No- it's normal, I'm a coxswain.   Sunglasses are definitely needed for summer coxing.  I need a better pair!  Sometimes I get a major glare in mine and can't see where I'm going for a few seconds.  Obviously, a light t-shirt is the best for a warmer day, and a fleecey shirt to keep warm.  (Don't judge.  It's cold on the water in the morning.)  Flip flops, so I can get away with it.  
Also, this notebook is pretty perfect for a coxswain, especially one with an attitude and a sense of humor.  My underarmour string bag to shove everything in, and of course, a cox box (duh).  
This is for practice.  Packing for regattas is different and, for me at least, way more involved.  

Consider this my back to school must haves list.  

What?  School supplies? 
What do you guys think I do with my time?  Homework??


ttyl

-E 

No comments:

Post a Comment