Pages

Thursday 18 April 2013

Rough

There there KatieI've been having a rough couple of months, lately.  I lost one of my closest friends to suicide.  I've been having trouble getting myself to focus on schoolwork and crew, since I wasn't able to make it home for the funeral, I feel like I haven't properly mourned or acknowledged her death.
To me, things feel strange and numb and not entirely real.

Combined with the events of Monday in Boston, which have really hit home and shaken up a lot of people, I'm not feeling so good.
Not because I'm shaken up by the events, but rather the opposite.
I'm not shaken up at all.
It seems normal to me.
As if death has become so common, that I'm not even going to get upset.  I've been dealing with a lot of loss lately, I guess.
My grandparents all died within a few years of each other except for my grandmother who's fairly ill as it is.  I lost my childhood dog a few years ago, and now, I've unexpectedly lost one of my best friends.
On top of which, I've become so used to bombings and school shootings in the news that this news seems like nothing new at all.
So yes, I've been having a rough semester.
I'll be happy when it's over and I'll be able to grieve.  
4 more weeks.

-E 

No comments:

Post a Comment