Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Stressed is Just Desserts Spelled Backwards

Usually my theory for life.
Generally the more upset/ stressed I am, the more cookies I eat.
 But not recently.
I've actually  been dropping weight.  Mysteriously, because I haven't had a lot of time to work out recently.
A normal person would be concerned, and I am, a little.
But, I haven't been feeling sick, or crazy panicky stressed, and it might be just because I hate school food,so I'm sort of letting it slide.
Plus, as a coxswain, mysteriously losing a few pounds isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I'm gonna keep my eye on that, though.
And to be honest, I am feeling kind of anxious about things.  Mostly school.
I wish people didn't have to put so, so much stress on school and grades.
Like, I AM smart.  Just because things in my brain go backwards and maybe I'm not the most studios girl ever.
But I'm a fast reader and I remember facts.
Just because I can't add my way out of a paper bag doesn't make me stupid. My brain is creative and I'm generally pretty gifted with vocabulary.
I'm just not "smart" in the typical ways.  I can draw and I can recite endless historical facts or stories.  My brain just doesn't like to be forced into the forms schoolwork takes.  It doesn't like to focus on things that are boring or theoretical and if there's a chance that it might get reversed, like s-a-w and w-a-s and 12 and 21, I'd just rather not bother.
So I guess I am really stressed about school.
Also, certain people lecturing me on being responsible an studying... not necessarily helpful.  It's not like I go around asking people to solve quadratic equations wearing fogged up glasses, or something.
Ugh

Stressed is just Desserts Spelled Backwards 
Playlist:

promises- Nero
closer- Tegan and Sara
Float On- Modest Mouse
sleepyhead- passion pit
curse of curves- cute is what we aim for
superboy and supergirl- tullycraft
F**k and Run- Liz Phair
Meant to Live- Switchfoot
There's a Class for This- Cute is what we aim for
She's so mean- Matchbox 20


uh, sorry for the rant.
I'm just full of rants these days

No comments:

Post a Comment