Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Valentine's Day

I know Valentine's Day was a lo-ong time ago.  I also know I've been super busy and neglecting my blog.
And so, without further ado, I present to you my belated Valentine:


So, even though I missed Valentine's day, I'm dedicating this Valentine's Day to my team.
Because one: I'm single and
two: even if I did have a special someone in my life, would I love him more than crew? Would I love him more than my team?  Doubtful.  Highly doubtful.

Mary Whipple (US Women's Olympic Coxswain and all around amazing person) always talks about how important it is for coxswains to remember they're part of the team. She says being a teammate comes first.  And I got to hand it to her, the best part of crew is well... the crew!  I can honestly say that in the one year that I've been on this team, I've absolutely grown to love my rowers.  I mean, do I sometimes want to kill them? Yes.  I'm sure they feel the same about me.  I mean, rowers out there, who hasn't wanted to throw their coxswain out of the boat once or twice?
But the point is, the rowers (and fellow coxswains!) are great and I love them and each of their crazy personalities and quirks to pieces.  They work crazy hard and are all great athletes and team members in their own way.  I love what each individual brings to the team, and I couldn't ask for better friends.  I've grown to feel so accepted over the past year and I can't wait to see what spring season brings.  Good thing it's starting in less than a week!  It's never easy, but we always make it through, as a team.

So, team.
I love you guys, and happy (late) Valentine's Day.

-Emme

Gee, I've never heard that joke before.
#everysingledayofmylife

No comments:

Post a Comment