Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2014

And in other news, CREW

Yes, we're back at it, folks. I didn't have internet in Pittsburgh, so yikes.  And I've been laying pretty low over break.
But we're back in action.
I have to work at a swim meet this Saturday, which is difficult because I'm dog-sitting.  I mean, technically I'm dog-sitting my own dog, because my mother has to fly to Pittsburgh to work on the house.
I sense this needs explaining. My mom and two sisters live in Boston.  This is recent.  We all  lived in Pittsburgh, that's where I grew up.  My dad lives in an apartment in Pittsburgh, as does my grandmother.  My mom flies back to Pittsburgh almost every weekend to take care of my grandma and work on selling one of two houses. She rents a place in Boston, this is why I can see my dog without "going home".  It's weird, because growing up all the way through high school I never felt like I had a home and I still feel like that. I can't wait until I have my own house or at least permanent apartment. And I'm constantly moving because you have to switch dorms every year. GAH! I hate moving!
In other news, we are having another coxswain meeting. I'm sorry, I know I need to be patient with freshman but these have gotten SO annoying.  Why must we constantly talk about the same useless issues! They're not getting solved! Ever! They've been this way for years, before I was here probably.  Just get used to it. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.  The meetings aren't technically their fault, but they're the reason we keep calling them.  I wasn't important enough to teach anything to.
Not that I'm bitter or anything.
Jokes on you, coach.
 I wrote to TRRA in Pittsburgh.  I really hope I get to cox there this summer, even though I'd have to move back to Pittsburgh for the summer but it would pay well! Which is a major advantage because I only made like $500 dollars last summer.
Am I supposed to not talk about money?
Isn't that one of the things you're not supposed to talk about?
Not that I didn't totally love the teams I coxed for last summer, but you know, there's no gaurantee that they'll want a coxswain again for next summer and I'm SO bad at leaving things up in the air.
I also need a job. Which would be solved at least for the month if I got paid to cox.
Internships?
Indoor Jobs?
Please!
Unless I can nanny over the summer, which is fine. I can handle that. I just need to cox.  I know I'm kind of obsessed with that.  It's because...well...you know my feelings on my coach.  I love coxing but I don't necessarily enjoy being on my team.  I love my teammates but, as we know, I've gotten the short end of the stick a lot in boating arrangements. (I'm not just saying that, you can ask my rowers if you don't believe me!) I feel like I get bullied a lot by my coach. Actually full on bullied and singled out to be humiliated in front of my team. Yeah. It sucks
But summer is so much fun! I basically LIVE for summer.  Coxing is great and it's kind of the ego boost I need after another terrible semester.  Maybe I'd best stay in Boston. At least I know there's teams here that I love coxing...
oh I don't know.
Ok, I have to make some coffee and then go babysit.

ttyl,
-Emme

No comments:

Post a Comment