Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

Coxing Blogs

So I know everybody knows about the 9th seat.  (www.9thseat.com) 
Unfortunately, it's not updated all that frequently. 
If you're like me, you're coach's instructions for you to teach you how to cox where 
"look it up." 
So what's a coxswain to do when the internet doesn't offer  all that much?  
Well, first of all, it does. 
a personal favorite 
readyallrow.wordpress.com 
this blog is frequently updated, run by a coxswain, and does Q & A for rowers and coxswains.  It's really useful. Trust me. 

rowingcox.com 
is another good, lesser known blog, but I don't know how frequently it's updated. 

If you can, it's a good idea to get your hands on the Down and Dirty Guide to coxing, but, in my opinion, like most thing, the best way to learn coxing is to get out there and do it.  Make a bunch of mistakes too, so you know what not to do. 
Seriously. 
This is my theory on learning. 
and life. 
You have to screw things up.  It's required, or else you're not doing it right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment